HP Instant Capacity for Integrity servers
HP’s Instant Capacity for Integrity servers builds on our strategy of synchronising business and IT to capitalise on change. By simultaneously driving down IT costs and increasing business agility, HP allows you to respond rapidly to changes in market conditions or customer demand.
Why HP Instant Capacity Programme?
- Achieve a better ROI by delaying payment for reserve capacity until it is actually used
- Provision systems for average utilisation while enabling resources to be moved to servers to meet peak demands
- Eliminate the need to provision temporary capacity for each server by pooling it among multiple servers
- Increase server availability since reserve capacity is available in the unlikely event of a processor failure
- Reduce software licensing costs by licensing only for as much capacity as is required*
- A two-step purchase model for HP Integrity server hardware.
- Reserve processing and memory capabilities are purchased at a fraction of their normal price and installed in your server – inactive but ready.
- Five processing days per core are included for free with every processor and available for instant activation.
- The majority of the cost of the processors, HP-UX licensing and support costs is deferred until activation.
- When the reserve capacity is needed, permanent activation can be purchased with no price premium.
Temporary Instant Capacity
- Prepares you for extra demands on your system when you order a 30 processing-day block of temporary capacity.
- With one TiCAP block, one processor can be activated for 30 days or two processors for 15 days.
- Processors may be activated and deactivated as often as needed, and usage is measured in 30-minute increments.
- The HP-UX operating environment temporary license and support fees are included.
Global Instant Capacity
- Permits hardware and software licenses to be shared among servers—allowing resources to be deactivated in one system and activated in another to meet changing demands.
- Helps protect your mission-critical environment by making it more cost-effective to implement disaster recovery or high availability solutions.
- With GiCAP, usage rights for hardware resources in a system that becomes unavailable can be used to activate core resources in another Instant Capacity server.